- Center for Excellence and Equality in Education ( CEEE )
- The Center for Excellence and Equity in Education (CEEE) seeks to promote greater participation of underrepresented groups in the sciences and to encourage academic excellence for all.
- Mathematical Leadership Institute ( MLI )
- Rice University and the Rice University School Mathematics Project (RUSMP) were awarded a National Science Foundation grant in September 2004 in the amount $3,799,311 to establish a Mathematics Leadership Institute (MLI) to develop teacher leaders at 40 high schools in the Houston Independent School District and the Aldine Independent School District.
- The Rice-Houston AGEP ( AGEP )
- Situated in one of the nation's largest, most culturally diverse cities, the Rice-Houston AGEP unites many of the city's research and teaching universities and community colleges in the common mission of significantly increasing the number of underrepresented minority students earning the Ph.D. and positioning them to become leaders in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields.
- The Rice University School Mathematics Project ( RUSMP )
- The Rice University School Mathematics Project (RUSMP) was established in 1987 in order to provide a bridge between the Rice University mathematics research community and Houston-area mathematics teachers.
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society ( AISES )
- The AISES mission is to increase substantially the representation of American Indian and Alaskan Natives in engineering, science and other related technology disciplines.
- Conference for African American Researchers in the Mathematical Sciences ( CAARMS )
- In the early 1990s, William Massey of Bell Laboratories (then AT&T, now Lucent Technologies) had an idea for an organization devoted mainly to addressing critical issues involving African-American researchers and graduate students in the mathematical sciences. It was envisioned that this organization would highlight current research by African-American researchers and graduate students in mathematics, strengthen the mathematical sciences by encouraging increased participation of African-Americans and members of other underrepresented groups, facilitate working relations among them, and provide assistance to them in cultivating their careers.
- This organization became known as the Conference for African-American Researchers in the Mathematical Sciences (CAARMS).
- National Action Council on Minorities in Engineering ( NACME )
- Since 1974, NACME (the National Action Council for Minorities in Engineering) has provided leadership and support for the national effort to increase the representation of successful African American, American Indian and Latino women and men in engineering and technology, math- and science-based careers.
- The National Association of Mathematicians ( NAM )
- The National Association of Mathematicians (NAM), a non-profit professional organization, has always had as its main objectives, the promotion of excellence in the mathematical sciences and the promotion of the mathematical development of underrepresented American minorities. It also aims to address the issue of the serious under-representation of minorities in the workforce of mathematical scientists.
- The Society for American Chicanos and Native American Scientists ( SACNAS )
- The mission of SACNAS (Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science) is to encourage Chicano/Latino and Native American students to pursue graduate education and obtain the advanced degrees necessary for science research, leadership, and teaching careers at all levels.
Return to the Top