Ph.D. Candidate, Rice University
Computational and Applied Mathematics
Email: cp16 at rice dot edu
Office: Duncan Hall 2108
6100 Main Street - MS 134
Houston, Texas 77005-1892
Visualization done in collaboration with Acara Turner and Sunny Canic at UH.
Welcome to my website! My current research focuses on numerical partial differential equations with applications to blood flow modeling and clinical decision support. I have also done some work in numerical linear algebra with application to spectral theory of quasicrystal models. This summer I will begin as a postdoc at UNC Chapel Hill working with Boyce Griffith.
My full cv may be accessed here.
Click here to view my brother's page. He is a PhD student in statistics and finance at the University of Texas in Austin.
- Ph.D. in Computational and Applied Mathematics, Rice University, in progess.
Advisors: Beatrice Riviere and Craig Rusin (Baylor College of Medicine)
- M.A. in Computational and Applied Mathematics, Rice University, May 2013
Thesis title: "Improved Spectral Calculations for Discrete Schroedinger Operators"
Advisor: Mark Embree (now at Virginia Tech)
- B.A. in Mathematics and B.A. in Physics, Wesleyan University, May 2011
Phi Beta Kappa, Connecticut Gamma Chapter and Honors in Mathematics
- Numerical methods for partial differential equations
- Cardiovascular mathematics
- Operator theory: Schroedinger operators
- Largescale eigenvalue/vector algorithms
|Papers and Technical Reports|
- "A computational study of the Fontan circulation with fenestration or hepatic vein exclusion."
C. Puelz, S. Acosta, B. Riviere, D. Penny, K. Brady, and C.G. Rusin. working paper.
- "Cardiovascular mechanics in the early stages of pulmonary hypertension: a computational study."
S. Acosta, C. Puelz, B. Riviere, D. Penny, K. Brady, and C.G. Rusin. submitted 2017.
- "A priori error estimates of Adams-Bashforth discontinuous Galerkin methods for scalar nonlinear conservation laws." link to arXiv:1701.08196 [math.NA]
C. Puelz and B. Riviere. submitted 2017.
- "Convergence of IPDG for coupled time-dependent Navier-Stokes and Darcy equations."
N. Chabaane, V. Girault, C. Puelz, and B. Riviere. submitted 2016.