UCLA Mathematics Commencement Address, June 14, 2015 [Online]
Inverse, Shifted Inverse, and Rayleigh Quotient
Iteration as Newton's Method, CAAM Colloquium, 9/27/2014 (Paper: In preparation)
[Paper in pdf]
Invited Speaker, National Science Board, “Crisis in Higher Education: The Need for New Understanding and New Leadership”, Washington, D.C., May 6, 2014.
- Invited speaker, SIAM annual meeting, “The Isoperimetric Problem Revisited: Extracting a Short Proof of Sufficiency from Euler's 1744 Proof of Necessity”, July 11, 2012.
- “The Isoperimetric Problem Revisited: Extracting a Short Proof of Sufficiency from Euler's 1744 Proof of Necessity”, April 16, 2013.
- “The Flaws in the Mismatch Theory”, Testimony given at the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights Briefing on
Encouraging Minorities to Pursue Careers in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics, September 12, 2008 [Online]
- Claremont Graduate University Commencement Address, May 17, 2008 [Online]
- Invited panelist, “Changing Demographics and Challenges
of the Future,” National Science Board Workshop, Broadening
Participation in Science and Engineering Research and Education,
August 12, 2003 [Online]
- Congressional testimony, BEST (Building Engineering and
Science Talent) Leadership Meeting on Capitol Hill, Washington,
DC, September 26, 2002 [Online]
- UCLA Commencement Address, June 21, 1998 [Online]
- NISE:Assessing and Evaluating the Evaluation Tool - The
Standardized Test, 1998 [Online]
For a complete list visit: Mathematical
Presentations and Minority
& Outreach Presentations