CAAM 436 Reading List
- William W. Symes, CAAM 436 Notes (PDF). [This is the main reference for this course.]
- Gurtin, Morton E. An introduction to continuum mechanics, Academic Press, 1981. [This is the main background reference for Chapters 1 - 8.]
- Achenbach, Jan. Wave propagation in elastic solids, North Holland, 1973. [A standard text on linear elastodynamics.]
- Courant, Richard and Friedrichs, Kurt Otto. Supersonic flow
and shock waves, Springer Verlag, 1948. [Classic fluid dynamics source.]
- Von Mises, Richard and Friedrichs, Kurt Otto. Fluid dynamics,
Springer Verlag, 1971. [Another classic.]
- Middleton, G. and Wilcock, P., Mechanics in Earth and Environmental Sciences,
Cambridge University Press, 1994. [Good general reference on porous flow with lots of physical insight.]
- Ewing, R., Problems arising in the modeling of processes for
hydrocarbon recovery, in The Mathematics of Reservoir Simulation,
ed. R. Ewing, SIAM, 1983. [Excellent concise summary of standard porous flow modeling assumptions. Chief backup reference for porous flow chapter.]
This web page is maintained by
William W. Symes.
Your comments are warmly appreciated.