Curriculum vitae •
Tian Tan, Peking, Winter 2017
I am a third year PhD student in the Computational and Applied Mathematics (CAAM) department at Rice University. My research focuses on fast direct solvers for boundary integral equations and efficient linear algebra. I am interested in the development of robust and optimal scaling algorithms for solving PDEs.
My advisor is Dr. Adrianna Gillman.
Y. Zhang and A. Gillman,
"A fast direct solver for boundary value problems on locally perturbed geometries," Journal of Computational Physics. 2018
♦ Talks and Presentations
• Symposium of the International Association for Boundary Element Methods, 2018
• SIAM Conference on Aplied Linear Algebra, 2018
• Applied Math/Analysis Seminar at Yale University, 2018
• ICERM: Fast Algorithms for Gnereating Statis and Dynamically Changing Point Configurations, 2018
• 2017 Modern Advances in Computational and Applied Mathematics Workshop (Poster)
• 2017 Rice Oil and Gas HPC Conference (Poster)
• CAAM Graduate Seminar Talk, 2017
• SIAM Conference on Computational Science and Engineering 2017 (Contributed Talk)
• M.A. in Computational and Applied Mathematics, Rice University, Aug. 2017
• B.S. in Applied Mathematics, UCLA, Jun. 2015
•Alan Weiser Memorial Travel Award (IABEM 2018), 2018
•SIAM Student Travel Award (SIAM-ALA18), 2018
• K2I Computational Science and Engineering Enhancement Fellowship, 2015-2019
• Ken Kennedy - Cray Inc. Graduate Fellowship, 2016-2017
Please see cv.pdf for more details.
Fall 2017: TA for CAAM 336.
Office: Duncan Hall 3017
Address: Rice University, 6100 Main St. -MS 134, Houston, TX 77005-1892